ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION NOW OPENS
Regular Abstracts Submission Deadline: May 1, 2020
Late Breaking Abstracts Submission Deadline: June 1, 2020
Please use the following instructions when preparing your abstract for submission to APPLE 2020.
Type of Presentation
- Oral or Poster
The type of presentation (oral or poster) will be decided by the Abstracts Selection Committee according to the availability of slots.
Please choose the category of your abstract. You are required to choose at least 1 category.
|(1)||Biomarkers / Cell Biology and Translational Research|
|(2)||Viral Hepatitis / Cirrhosis and Related Complications|
|(3)||Diagnosis and Liver Imaging / Epidemiology and Surveillance / Miscellaneous|
|(4)||Molecular Pathogenesis and Pathology / Staging and Prognosis|
|(5)||Treatment: Systemic, Targeted, Novel Target or Experimental Therapy|
|(6)||Treatment: Clinical Trials|
|(7)||Treatment: Surgical Resection and Transplantation|
|(8)||Treatment: Trans-arterial Approach/Percutaneous Ablative Therapy/Radiation Therapy|
- All abstracts must be submitted online via APPLE 2020 website www.apple2020.org using the submission form.
- The author submitting the abstract must be the presenting author. The presenting author must register for the meeting during the period of pre-registration.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English, including the title, abstract text, author names, affiliations, tables, and graphs.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts.
*Note: Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent to the presenting author/corresponding author along with instructions on the preparation of poster presentation.
- Corresponding Author’s Contact Details: E-mail address and phone number.
- Name(s) of Presenting Author and Co-authors: First name(s) and family name
- Affiliation Details of All Authors: Department, institution/hospital, city, and country.
- Affiliation(s) should be annotated by superscript numbers.
- Abstract must be typed in English with the body limited with 300 words.
- Abstract Title: Limited to 20 words (First letter of each word in uppercase, except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions.)
- An acceptable structure of an abstract must consist of the following components:
- Background/Aim: A statement of the hypothesis or research question.
- Methods: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used.
- A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study.
- Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading the abstract.
- Statements such as “The data will be discussed” are not acceptable.
- Conclusion(s): Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study.
Tables / Graphs / Images
- The submitter is allowed to add one table, one graph or one image only.
- You may add graphs in JPG format.
Notification of Acceptance
- The abstract acceptance will be notified to the presenting/corresponding author via email and meeting website in June.
- All abstracts will be assessed by the Abstracts Selection Committee and assigned to the appropriate session for poster presentation.
- The author submitting the abstract must be the presenting author, and the presenting author should attend the meeting and register via online during the pre-registration period.
Abstract Modification or Withdrawal
- Presenting authors may modify or withdraw the submitted abstract by the submission deadline.